Together we take it to the next level
Working on projects
Smart Port Week
The Beacon's second Smart Domain Week. Multiple events about Smart Ports, including reverse pitches, a site visit to the Port of Zeebrugge and tech roundtables on cybersecurity, blockchain and space data.
Smart City Week
The Beacon is the community for digital technology leaders. The Smart City Week is a concept in which The Beacons collaborates with other organizations to share knowledge about smart cities, inspire all stakeholders, and foster collaboration.
- 19 April - Calls & Architecture
- 20 April - Digital Inclusion & Digital Twins
- 21 April - Climate, Energy & Digital Tech
Optimizing Energetic Performance for Retrofit Buildings
Multi-disciplinary research project by the University of Antwerp (IDLab - EMIB - DSH) that develops a prototype-tool to optimize the energetic performance of retrofit buildings in a city.
- Oct '21 - Kick-Off
- Mar '22 - Workshop 1
- Jun '22 - Workshop 2
- Sep '21 - Prototype Tool
The Beacon is supported by six strong founders. Part of their commitment is to provide the Community insights in their innovation strategy & pipeline.
- 7/10 - City of Antwerp
- 8/11 Port of Antwerp
- 23/11 Agoria
- 8/12 - University of Antwerp
- TBD - Imec
- TBD - Lantis
6 entrepreneurs attend a 6-day IoT Masterclass, given by The Beacon Community
- 12/10 - A problem worth solving
- 28/10 - A solution worth making
- 9/11 - Building a robust solution
- 25/11 - Preparing for market
- 9/12 - Pitch and celebrate
COOCK Smart Port 2025
A smart port needs smart companies. And vice versa. Digital technology offers unprecedented opportunities to make our ports, our companies and their value chains sustainable, resilient and competitive.
- 22/10 - Inspiration Session 2
- 19/11 - Co-Creation Session 2
- Whitepaper 1