THE PORTXL Business Fast Track PROGRAMME
The Beacon is community partner of PortXL’s fast track B2B program in Antwerp, Belgium. Compared to the larger accelerator programs in Rotterdam and Singapore, the focus in Antwerp is only on creating tangible business value for maritime scale-ups who are serious about building their business.
In a business fast track, they build client relations in the local ecosystem and match scale-ups with partners in Energy, Ports & Maritime, Logistics and Refinery.
All while leveraging of the worldwide maritime network of PortXL.
As community partner The Beacon supports PortXL in Belgium in connecting the maritime industry with our tech-based network.
Founded in 2015 in Rotterdam, Netherlands, PortXL wants to change the way people think about the maritime industry.
Together with startups, corporate partners and mentors, they thrive to cultivate a spirit of innovation within the global maritime industry.
Currently they are running programs in Rotterdam, Singapore and Antwerp.
Shipping & Logistics
Who can be part of the track?
• A Scalable Maritime Proposition
. Only scale-ups that offer a scalable, port-related proposition or working prototype with a +/- 12 month Go-To-Market timeline, or scaleups with a working product are eligible. We do not select companies whose core offerings are consulting or project management services.
• Not more than 10 years. Scaleups must not be incorporated for more than 10 years.
As a partner you can also benefit of being part of the program:
• Open up unprecedented possibilities with novel cutting-edge technologies
• Fast-track startup pilots without costly in-house R&D investment
• Access to PortXL’s database of 1000+ global startups and scaleups
• Inspire an internal culture of innovation & enhance corporate image
Why join PortXL?
STRONG MARITIME GLOBAL NETWORK
Leverage our deep maritime network to discover a previously uncharted sea of opportunities with PortXL’s mentors, industry experts, corporate partners and alumni. Through The Beacon you get access to experts in data, IoT, AI, smart logistics and so on…
3-MONTH FAST TRACK
An intense 10 day program tailored to help maritime scaleups find new partners.
CREATE BUSINESS VALUE
We are unique in our fast track model, with a core focus of helping scaleups secure strategic business connections.
Gain actionable feedback and insights, as well as open new doors in the maritime industries with our expert mentors.
Connect with global corporate partners for pilot projects, business partnerships, or R&D collaborations.
Workshops conducted by top professionals and entrepreneurs designed to help startups scale and develop business propositions.
AWARENESS & PROMOTION
Gain traction and a bigger following among the industry and startup community through PortXL.
- 1400+ STARTUPS SCOUTED
- 66 STARTUPS ACCELERATED
- 130+ PILOT CONTRACTS
- August 2019: Applications Close – Shortlisted scaleups are invited to Selection Day in The Beacon, Antwerp.
- Early September 2019: Selection Day – Scaleups and corporates are introduced. A final list of startups are invited to join the Antwerp program.
- Last Week of September 2019: Kick-Off Week – Develop use-cases in preparation for pilot projects.
- October 2019 – December 2019: Use-Case Program – Embark on testing of use cases with partners.
- December 2019: Close Event - Finalise pilot projects and partnerships between scaleups and partners.