THE SMART CITY ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME
The Beacon launches his first unique Smart City accelerator program, in collaboration with and managed by WATT Factory.
The 2019 Programme will focus on Smart Mobility, Smart Energy & Smart Buildings.
The ultimate goal is plain and simple: making your startup scalable and investor-ready!
This Programme is a collaboration between Watt Factory, The Beacon and the City of Mechelen.
The Gamechangers for 2019 are selected, and mentors are selected. After a refreshing summerbreak, the program will kick off. We’ll keep you updated shortly!
WATT you see is WATT you get
During in-depth workshops by Vlerick Business School.
At your flex desk and mingle with The Beacon and the WATT Factory community.
The right go-to-market strategy with your private mentor.
Your growth driven by a scalable business model.
With experienced entrepreneurs and like-minded peers.
By exploring the most promising business opportunities with our corporate partners.
At our Showcase closing event with your perfect pitch to potential investors.
YEAH… another Accelerator Programme?
But WATT sets us apart?
The only startup accelerator with a sole focus on Smart Mobility, Energy and Buildings.
Supported by corporate partners with the same vertical focus, such as EDF Luminus, ABB and TomTom.
No ideation but acceleration to achieve a scalable business model and become investor-ready – in just 6 months.
VLERICK BUSINESS SCHOOL
Content contribution and coordination by Vlerick Business School.
Solutions that help improve the efficiency, accessibility, safety and quality of transportation of people and goods
Solutions for cost-effective, sustainable and secure energy production, distribution and consumption
Solutions that turn buildings into living organisms: networked, intelligent, sensitive and adaptable
- 6-month programme (June-December 2019)
- Up to 15 startups
- Focus on Smart Mobility, Energy and Buildings
- About 15 in-depth workshops (supported by Vlerick Business School)
- Free access to The Beacon workspace, the Watt Factory coworking space and Oh! Mechelen
- Private mentoring
- Open innovation with our corporate partners
- All-in 1750 EUR participation fee (no equity)
- SMART: You are active in Smart Mobility, Energy or buildings.
- BEYOND IDEATION: You have at least a Proof of Concept (PoC), ideally a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- TRACTION: You already have initial commercial traction or validation.
- COMMITMENT: You commit to attending the entire programme.
- Submission of the online application form (April 9 – June 14)
- First screening & selection
- Pitching by the final candidates to our Selection Committee including our accelerator partners and experts
- Final selection of up to 15 startups